Monday, November 14, 2005

A Culinary Equivalent to Mount Everest

I don't have many blog readers. Which is completely fine because I don't really post that much. But I wish I would have been blogging throughout this whole process. So first, let me describe the process. Last Saturday Georgia played Auburn. The game was in Athens and under the lights. It was our first true night game since Clemson 2002. By now we all know that Auburn won on the scoreboard, but they did not beat us. Georgia completely beat themselves. Well, it wasn't even the mistakes by the players that so much beat us. The players did what was asked of them. It is what was asked of them that was soooooo frustrating. Let me decipher...it was coaching... again.

Prior to all of that excitement under the lights in Sanford stadium there was a GREAT tailgate at the coliseum. It was most of the usual suspects. But we had plenty of time to enjoy all aspects of the day. Now I know that the tailgate should never become more important than the game. If that ever happens I will hang my hat up. The focus is always what happens between the hedges.

But this day was a special tailgate. With the help of a small village I was able to conquer my culinary Everest. So without any further adieu let me introduce the Turducken. Another friend of mine had a nice preview of the turducken event. It seemed as if the turducken was everywhere last weekend. It was on Fox News, AIM.com and other news outlets. It was even a feature in the November issue of National Geographic.

So I now present to you the turducken that will go down in history. After three days of preparation and 14 pages of instructions... I did it!!

2 comments:

Richard Groce said...

It is good to see someone else who fought and won the battle with a turducken. I made a turducken for our tailgating at our LSU game (yes LSU the team that will beat Georgia in the SEC championship game) last year and it was a huge hit. However, I am still cleaning the walls and ceiling in my kitchen. I stuffed the chicken with a shrimp and rice dressing, the duck with andouille dressing, and the turkey with a crawfish cornbread stuffing - it was quite the success. To comment on your previous posts about New Orleans - I rode out the storm about 40 miles north of New Orleans and watched the debacle first hand. I rode in a boat to try to help some people but quickly saw it was way to dangerous for the inexperienced. Your quote about Nagin being inexperienced may be correct but unfortunately he is the best mayor New Orleans has had in 25 years which is why I live 40 miles north. I made out fine but many of my family and friends have lost everything and it was truly tragic. Perhaps a Turducken for Thanksgiving will help them with the healing.....

michelbrinick31162436 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com